How To Blur The Images You Send On Telegram
Last Updated: January 4, 2023
Do you want to add a layer of cover for the photos and videos you share on Telegram temporarily? Or do you want to hide a photo until the recipient opens it? If so, you can hide the photo using the spoiler option on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to use it.
In Telegram, you can add spoilers to format the messages you send on your chats. Adding a spoiler to a text hides its contents on the conversation and notifications temporarily until the recipient opens them.
In the app’s recent update, they introduced the spoiler feature to media files as well. You can now blur photos and videos you send on the app until someone taps it.
Here’s our guide about adding spoiler effects to media on Telegram.
How to add a spoiler effect to media you share on Telegram
If you don’t want to show the image you plan to share to a chat right away, you can add the spoiler option before sending it. Using the spoiler feature blurs the image until the recipient taps on it.
You can use spoilers on media on the Telegram desktop and mobile app. We’ll cover the steps to use the feature on both app versions in our tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Open Telegram on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Go to the chat where you want to share media and tap the paperclip icon on the message field.
- Select the media files that you want to share (photo or video) and tap More options (three dots icon) from the menu.
- Select the “Hide with spoiler” option.
- Add a caption (optional) and send the message to the chat.
Once the recipient sees your message, they’ll see a layer that blurs the image or video you sent. Once they tap the message, they’ll see the content immediately.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop app and link it to your account.
- Go to one of your chats and click the paperclip icon on the message field to attach files.
- Select the photo or video that you want to share with the chat.
- Click More options on the preview window and select the “Hide with Spoiler” option.
- Add a caption and hit Send to share the media to the chat.
That’s how you add spoilers to media that you share on Telegram. You can use this option on photos and videos that you plan to share on your chats.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add spoilers to media on Telegram, you can now send photos and videos with temporary covers to hide their content. In this way, the recipients will have to open the chat and tap your message to view their content.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.