How To Blur Images In Canva
Last Updated: March 25, 2023
Do you want to have a blurred background for a title page in one of your Canva designs? Or do you want to use a blurred photo for one of your designs? Either way, you can easily edit an image on the app, and add a blur effect. Follow our guide below and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
Canva offers a lot of editing features to its users. Aside from removing backgrounds from images, you can edit a photo and adjust different details to get a good version that you can use in your designs.
One of the things you adjust on a photo is its blur. You can choose to sharpen or blur a photo to your liking in the app.
Here’s our guide about using the blur feature in the Canva app.
How to use the blur feature in Canva
If you want to add an ethereal or photobooth effect to your images on Canva, you can use the blur option on the app. You can use the blur feature even if you don’t have a Canva Pro subscription.
The blur option is available on the Canva desktop, web, and mobile app. In our tutorials, we’ll show you how to blur your photos from your phone or desktop.
On your computer:
- Launch the Canva desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Create a new design or open an existing one.
- Add a photo to one of the pages and select it on your screen.
- Click the Edit Image option on the upper left side of the current page.
- Scroll down and click “See All” on the Adjust section.
- Adjust the slider for Blur to your liking.
That’s how you blur an image on the Canva desktop and web app. You can explore the other adjusting options to edit the image for your designs.
On your phone:
- Launch the Canva app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your designs or create a new one from scratch.
- Add a photo to one of the pages within your current design.
- Select the photo and tap “Adjust” among the options at the bottom of your screen.
- Adjust the Blur slider to add blur to your photo.
Sliding to the left sharpens the image, and sliding to the right blurs it. You can adjust other settings on your image, like saturation and tint to get the desired effect.
To wrap things up
By adjusting the blur option on Canva, you can blur or sharpen the images you use in your designs. You can use blurred photos for backgrounds, or add atmosphere to the images you use in your designs.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.