How To Block Someone On Viber
Last Updated: December 5, 2022
Is someone sending you spam messages or harassing you on Viber? Do you want to cut them off on the app? In any case, you can block contacts and unknown numbers on Viber. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
By default, anyone with your phone number can message and contact you on Viber. This option makes it easier for your friends and other people to connect with you on the app.
However, there might be instances where you might not want to receive messages from a number or a contact. If you no longer wish to put up with spam messages or one of the users that messages your account, you can block them whenever you want.
Here’s our guide about blocking users on Viber.
How to block a user on Viber
If someone is harassing you on Viber, you can block them whenever you want. When you block a contact or a number on your account, you won’t receive any messages or call notifications, and they won’t be able to see your activity status on the app.
You can block users from contacting you on Viber from their mobile app. There are two ways to block a contact or number on the app, and we’ll cover both in our tutorials below.
Blocking someone from a chat:
- Open Viber on your device and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open your 1-on-1 conversation with someone you want to block.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select the “Block this contact” option.
That’s how you block someone from one of your Viber chats. Blocked contacts won’t be able to view your profile picture and activity status on the app.
Blocking someone from your Privacy Settings:
If you don’t have an existing chat with someone that you want to block on the app, you can block their number directly from your Privacy Settings. In this way, you won’t need to wait for someone to message you before you can block them.
- Open Viber from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More on the bottom right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to your Privacy Settings and open your Block list.
- Tap the plus icon on the top right corner of the Block list.
- Enter a phone number or find the user on your contacts and tap the check icon on the top right to confirm your decision.
When blocking a phone number, make sure that it’s in the full international format. Also, select the phone number after you finish typing.
If you ever change your mind, you can always unblock the user from the block list on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to block someone on Viber, you can now prevent a user from contacting you on the app. Although the app won’t notify the person you blocked, there are indicators that can help them guess your decision.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.