How To Block Someone On Messenger
Last Updated: September 15, 2021
Is someone bothering you constantly on Facebook Messenger? Do you want to prevent them from calling or sending you messages in the future? Thankfully, the app has an option to do that. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to block calls and messages from an account on Facebook Messenger.
Facebook Messenger allows its users to message their friends and other users on the app. Depending on your privacy settings, people you don’t know can also send you message requests.
Although this feature can help you meet new people on the app, there might be times when someone tries to message or call you from time to time. Fortunately, you can block people on Messenger any time you want.
Blocking someone from Messenger only prevents them from calling or messaging you on the app. They can still view your profile and comment on your posts. However, you can also opt to block them on Facebook, and the process is pretty similar.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on blocking people on Messenger.
How to block a user on the Facebook Messenger app
If you find yourself in a situation where someone is bothering you non-stop on Messenger, you can opt to block the person on the app. In this way, you won’t receive any messages or calls from the blocked account in the future.
You can block users on Messenger whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to block someone on both devices.
On your computer:
- On your preferred browser, visit the Messenger web client and sign in to your account.
- Go to the chat with the person you want to block and make sure to open the conversation information tab. If you can’t view the information section on the right, click the three dots icon on the conversation header.
- Click “Privacy & Support” and select the Block option.
- Choose whether to block the messages and calls only or block the person from Facebook entirely.
If you choose to block the account on Messenger only, the person can still see your profile and comment on your posts on Facebook. Of course, this works both ways as you can view the person’s profile as well.
On the other hand, blocking the person on Facebook unfriends them on top of blocking their messages and calls.
On your Android device:
- Open the Messenger app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open the chat with the person you want to block and tap the information icon on the top right corner of the conversation.
- Scroll down and select the Block option under the Privacy section.
- Choose whether to block the messages and calls only or block the person from Facebook.
If you ever change your mind, navigate to your Privacy options > Blocked Accounts and unblock the user from that section. Please note that unblocking someone on Facebook doesn’t make you friends again. You’ll need to send them a request.
Prevent people from contacting you through Messenger
Now that you know how to block people on Messenger, you can prevent them from messaging or calling you in the future. However, always remember that you can instead block them on Facebook to cut off all your connections on the app.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and don’t forget to check our daily posts and updates.