How To Block Someone In Google Chats
Last Updated: May 13, 2022
Do you keep on receiving unwanted messages from someone on Google Chats? Do you want to stop someone from contacting you in the future? If so, you can block the person on the app to stop all interactions with the user in the future. You can even report the account if you feel threatened by the messages. Follow our guide below to learn how.
Anyone that knows about your email address can send you messages on Google Chat. This feature makes it easier for you to connect with your friends and other people on the app.
When you feel uncomfortable about someone messaging you on Google Chats, you can always hit the block option to stop the user from sending you messages in the future. The app also hides messages from blocked users on your groups or spaces on the app.
Here’s our guide about blocking users on Chats.
How to block a user in Google Chats
If someone keeps on bothering you on Google Chats, you have the option to block them. When you block someone on the app, they won’t be able to message you or add you to different spaces.
You can block users on Google Chats whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Google Chats on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Chat tab at the bottom of the app.
- Use the search bar to find the user that you want to block and select the right account from the results.
- Tap the user’s name or email on the conversation header. If that doesn’t work, tap the three dots icon on the top right corner and select “Conversation options” from the menu.
- Tap Block and confirm your decision once the pop-up window appears on your screen.
When blocking someone on Chats, you have the option to report them to Google. Doing so will send a copy of your last 50 messages to Google so that they can evaluate the situation in case they need to ban the person’s account in the future.
On your computer:
- Open your preferred browser, visit Google Chats, and sign in to your account.
- Use the search bar to find the person that you want to block and select the right account from the results.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the person’s name or email address on the conversation header.
- Select the “Block and report” option on the menu.
- You can choose to report the user before you continue. Click the “Block” option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you block users on Google Chat. If you ever change your mind, you can use the search bar to find the blocked user, select the name or email on the header, and click “Unblock” from the menu.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to block users on Google Chats, you can prevent someone from messaging you on the app. Please note that you can’t send messages to users you blocked on the app until you choose to unblock them.
That’s it! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.