How To Ban Users From Your Community On Viber
Last Updated: December 27, 2022
Is someone disregarding the rules of your community on Viber? Do you want to remove them from the conversation permanently? If that’s the case, you have permission to ban members from the community to prevent them from joining again in the future. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to do so.
By default, anyone with an invitation link can join a community on Viber. This option makes it easier for you to grow the community that you manage with your account.
However, we understand that there might be users that don’t respect the rules you set for your community. When someone keeps on violating the guidelines, you can ban them from accessing the conversation permanently.
Here’s our guide about banning users in your community on Viber.
How to ban unwanted members of your Viber community
If someone isn’t abiding by the rules of your community, you can ban them from the chat. Once you ban a user, they won’t be able to rejoin the community, even if they got ahold of an invitation link.
You can ban users from your community whether you’re using the Viber desktop or mobile app. Check our tutorials below and we’ll show you how to do so from both.
On your phone:
- Open the Viber app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the Chats tab and open the community that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the conversation header and select “Community info” from the menu.
- Once the sidebar appears on your screen, tap one of the people in the Members section.
- Select the Ban option from the pop-up window.
- Tap Ban to confirm your decision.
Generally, admins can ban regular members of a community on Viber. On the other hand, Superadmins have permission to ban admins and members whenever they want.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Chats tab and open the community that you want to manage.
- Click “Members” on the chat information tab on the right of the conversation. If you can’t see the information sidebar, click the info icon on the conversation header.
- Right-click on one of the members and select the Ban option from the menu.
- Click “Ban” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Once you ban a member of your community, you’ll see a banned user list on your community info page. From there, you can view the banned members of the chat and unban them if you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to ban users on your Viber community, you can now remove unwanted people from the group permanently. In this way, you can keep your community safe and organized for the other members.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.