How To Auto-delete Your Messages In Telegram
Last Updated: April 15, 2021
Do you want to use self-destructing messages in Telegram? Are you not fond of using the Secret Chats feature? If so, we have here a guide for you. We’ll teach you how to auto-delete messages on all of your chats including, group or private ones. Whether you’re using the Telegram mobile or desktop app, we got you covered.
If you’re the type of person that regularly clears your sent messages, we have some good news for you. You can now make all your Telegram messages automatically disappear after some time passes.
Previously, self-destructing messages are only available on the Secret Chats feature of Telegram. With the app’s recent update, they made it available to all your chats. That includes your channels, groups, and private messages.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to enable auto-deleting messages on Telegram. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, all you have to do is follow these instructions below.
How to auto-delete all messages on your Telegram chats
If you like the idea of self-destructing messages on Telegram, you can now enable the feature on all your chats on the app. In this way, you don’t need to use Secret Chats to delete your messages automatically.
You can find the option to auto-delete messages by accessing the “Clear history” option on one of your chats. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On the Android app:
- Open one of your Telegram chats.
- On the upper-right corner of your screen, tap the three-dot icon to open More options.
- Select the “Clear history” option on the menu that appears on your screen.
- At the bottom of your screen, choose whether to delete messages after a day or week. Tap “Enable Auto-Delete” to save the changes.
That’s how you enable auto-deletion of your messages on Telegram. This feature works on all your chats, including channels, groups, or private ones.
On the desktop app:
- After signing in to your account, open one of your chats on the left.
- At the upper-right side of the chat window, click the three-dot icon to access More options.
- Select “Clear history” at the bottom of the menu.
- Once the pop-up window shows up on your screen, click Enable Auto-Delete.
- Select whether to delete new messages sent after 24 hours or seven days. After doing so, click Save to apply the changes.
Once you enable the auto-delete on your chat, your newly sent messages will disappear after the set duration passes. This feature automatically deletes sent media as well.
Please note that the auto-delete feature only affects the current chat that you’re managing. If you want to use it in all your conversations, you can change their settings one-by-one.
To sum it all up
You can find the option to auto-delete your messages by navigating to the “Clear history” feature on your chats. Once you enable it, your newly sent messages will automatically disappear after the set amount of time passes.
With this feature, you don’t have to use Secret Chats for self-destructing messages. However, please remember that each option only affects one chat, and you need to change your settings on each of your chats separately.
That’s everything we have on our guide about using auto-delete on all your chats on Telegram. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, hit the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for our daily posts or updates.