How To Assign Tasks On Google Chat
Last Updated: May 20, 2022
Do you want to use Google Chat to collaborate with your contacts or teammates on the app? Do you want to handle and give workloads without using another app? If so, you can create and assign tasks to your spaces on the app. Follow our guide, and we’ll show you how.
Aside from using Google Chat to share messages, files, and media with your contacts and other users on the app, you can also use it as a collaboration tool with your teammates. In this way, there’s no need for you to use another app for handling small projects with your team.
When you’re a space manager on Google Chat, you have the option to create and assign tasks for everyone in the conversation. You can choose the task details and its due date before assigning it to people in your chat.
Here’s our guide about creating tasks on Google Chat.
How to create and assign tasks on Google Chat
If you want to give out work and assignments through Google Chat, you can assign tasks from one of your spaces. When you assign a task to someone, it will appear on their personal task list in their Tasks app.
You can assign tasks on Google Chat, whether you’re on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Visit the Google Chat web client on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Open the space that you want to manage.
- Head to the Tasks tab and select the “Add space task” option.
- Enter the task’s name, details, and due date. After adding the task information, assign it to your space members
- Click “Add” to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create and assign new tasks on Google Chat. If you want to make some changes to a task, hover on it and select the parameter that you want to change.
On your phone:
- Launch the Google Chat app from your app drawer or home screen and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Spaces tab and open the one that you want to manage.
- Go to the Tasks tab.
- Tap the Create new task icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Add the task’s name and tap the icons below it to enter the due date, details, and assignees for the task.
- Tap “Save” on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
After assigning a task to a member, it will appear on the personal tasks tab on their Google Tasks app. As a space manager, you can update a task and change its details whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create and assign tasks on Google Chat, you can use the app as a collaboration tool for your projects and work online. Although the app’s features aren’t comparable to other apps like Slack or Trello, it works pretty well for assigning a few tasks for small projects.
That’s everything we have on us! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit us regularly, and check our daily posts and updates.