How To Assign Cards On Trello
Last Updated: March 31, 2022
Is it time to assign tasks to board members on Trello? Do you want to delegate people to certain cards within your board? If so, you can add members to cards to give them notifications about any changes to its contents. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to do it from your phone or computer.
In Trello, cards are one of the basic units within a board. Each card can represent an idea, task, or subject within your project.
To make sure that your board members pay attention to tasks assigned to them, you can add them as a member of a card. When you do, they’ll immediately know when someone made some changes to the card.
Here’s our guide about assigning cards to your board members on Trello.
How to add members to a card on Trello
After setting up the board for your project on Trello, it’s time to assign the tasks to your teammates on the app. Once you add someone to a card, they’ll receive notifications about comments, changes, upcoming due dates, and other stuff.
You can assign cards whether you’re using the Trello web client on your computer or mobile app. We’ll cover the steps you need to know in our quick tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Open the Trello app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Go to the board that you want to manage and tap on one of the cards.
- Once the options appear on your screen, select “Members.”
- Select the members that you want to add and tap the Done to confirm your decision.
That’s how you assign cards on your Trello board. Every member of the card will receive notifications whenever someone comments, make some changes or moves the card.
If you ever change your mind, you can always remove members from the card as an admin.
On your computer:
- Open your favorite browser, visit Trello, and sign in to your account.
- Go to the board that you want to manage.
- Click on one of the cards on the board.
- Click the Members button under the “Add to card” section.
- Click on the board members that you want to add to the card.
As we mentioned earlier, card members will receive notifications of all changes within the card. They’ll immediately know when someone edits the card’s contents, moves it to another list, or posts a comment.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add members to cards on Trello, you can help your board members keep track of tasks assigned to them. In this way, they won’t lose track of the cards even when someone moves them to another list.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.