How To Archive New Chats On Telegram Automatically
Last Updated: August 16, 2022
Do you want to organize the new chats you get from non-contacts on Telegram? Do you want to hide these new conversations temporarily so that they won’t affect your existing chats on the app? In any case, you can archive new chats automatically on Telegram. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll teach you how to toggle the feature on your settings.
Whenever someone messages you on Telegram, they’ll appear on your chat list regardless if they’re one of your contacts or not. If you have a public profile on the app, you may receive a lot of messages and group invitations from people you don’t know on the app.
Having new messages pop up on your chats list can be quite annoying, especially if you want to keep your chats organized. Thankfully, you can archive and hide new chats from non-contacts on the app when you have an existing subscription to Telegram premium.
Here’s our guide on how to archive new chats automatically on Telegram.
How to archive and mute new chats on Telegram
If you want to organize new chats and messages from strangers on Telegram, you can archive and mute them automatically. In this way, new chats, channels, and groups won’t affect how you view your existing conversations on the app.
You can toggle the archive new chats option whether you’re using Telegram from your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Telegram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the app and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to your Privacy and Security options.
- Scroll down to the “New chats from unknown users” section and toggle the archive and mute option.
That’s how you archive new chats automatically on Telegram. Please note that this feature only works on new groups, channels, or conversations from non-contacts on the app.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Privacy and Security settings.
- Scroll down and toggle the “Archive and Mute” option under the “New chats from unknown users” section.
Enabling this feature will only take effect on new chats you receive from strangers on Telegram. It doesn’t affect existing conversations, channels, or groups from non-contacts on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to archive new chats on Telegram, you can now organize and separate new conversations, groups, and channels from non-contacts on the app. You can always check your archives to unhide chats from strangers that you want to entertain on your account.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.