How To Appear Offline On Instagram
Last Updated: March 11, 2022
Do you want to browse your Instagram while appearing offline on the app? Or do you want to hide your activity status from other users? In any case, you can appear offline on the app by turning off your activity status. Check our quick tutorial below and teach you how to change your activity status settings on Instagram.
When you’re using Instagram and browsing through your feed, viewing stories, or checking reels, you appear online to your followers on the app. In this way, people can know when you’re available for a quick conversation on the app.
However, we understand that some people want to use the app in private. Some want to scroll and view content without any disturbances from other users.
Thankfully, Instagram allows its users to turn off their activity status on the app. When you turn off your activity status, you’ll appear offline even when you’re using the app.
Here’s how to appear offline on Instagram.
How to turn off your activity status on Instagram
If you don’t want people to know that you’re online on Instagram, you can turn off your activity status on the app. With the help of this feature, you can browse your feed or check other people’s profiles while appearing offline.
You can turn off your online status whether you’re using Instagram on your phone or desktop. Follow our tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch Instagram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile on the bottom right corner of the app and select the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the page.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, select “Settings.”
- Open your Privacy Settings.
- Head to your “Activity Status” options.
- Turn off the “Show Activity Status” slider and confirm your decision.
That’s how you appear offline on the Instagram mobile app. Anyone that follows or messages you on the app won’t see that you’re online and using the app.
Turning off your activity status also affects how you view other users on the app. You won’t be able to see when other users are online when you turn this feature off.
On your computer:
- Visit Instagram using your preferred web browser and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the upper right corner and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to your Privacy and Security settings.
- Uncheck the box beside the “Show Activity Status” option.
As we mentioned earlier, turning off your activity status on Instagram prevents other users from seeing that you’re online when using the app. On the other hand, you can’t view other people’s status as well.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to turn off your activity status on Instagram, you can appear offline while using the app whenever you want. Please note that you can’t view other people’s activity status when you turn off this feature on your account.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.