How To Allow People To Share Your Stories On Instagram
Last Updated: June 6, 2022
Do you want to allow your followers to share the stories you post on Instagram? Do you think that you’ll get more traction and exposure by allowing them to do so? In any case, you can allow story sharing from the privacy settings on your account. Follow our quick guide below and we’ll show you how to do it.
On Instagram, users can post “stories” thats lasts for a day on their accounts. With this feature, you can share your daily experiences without flooding your profile with numerous posts.
By default, your users can’t share the stories you post on the app. However, you have the option to allow them to share your stories through messages.
Here’s how to enable the story sharing option on Instagram.
How to enable story sharing on Instagram
If you don’t mind other users sharing the stories you post on Instagram, you can allow the sharing option on your privacy settings. When you enable the option, people can share your stories as messages, but only your followers can view its contents.
You can change your story privacy settings whether you’re using the Instagram app on your phone or desktop. Check our step-by-step tutorials below and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
On your phone:
- Open Instagram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your avatar on the bottom right corner of the screen and select the hamburger icon on your profile page.
- Once the menu appears, select the “Settings” option.
- Head to your Privacy Settings page.
- Allow story sharing under the “Sharing” section.
When someone views the stories you post, they can share them with their friends through the message option. However, only your followers can check the contents of what’s shared.
On your computer:
- Visit the Instagram web app on your favorite browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right side of the page and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the Privacy and Security tab.
- Toggle the “Allow Sharing” option under your Story Sharing section.
If you ever change your mind, you can always turn off the story sharing feature whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to enable story sharing on Instagram, your followers and everyone that views your stories can share them through messages. With the help fo this feature, you can gain more popularity and potentially more followers on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.