How To Add Your Phone Number To Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: January 10, 2022
Do you want to find your contacts on Teams much faster? Or do you want to add another layer of security to your account? Either way, you can connect your phone number to your Microsoft account to do both. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
To sign in to Teams, you can use your account email and password. However, you can choose to add a phone number to your Microsoft account if you want another method when signing in to the app.
When you add your phone number to your Microsoft account, you can find your friends and family when using your Teams personal account. You’ll also have another layer of protection to your account.
Here’s our guide about connecting your number to your Microsoft account.
How to add a phone number to your Microsoft account
If you want to find your friends and family faster on Microsoft Teams, you can add your phone number to your account. In this way, you can easily find your contacts that are already on Teams while having another layer of security to your account.
You can add a phone number to your Teams account by editing your information on the Microsoft Account page. Check our step-by-step tutorial below to learn how.
- Open your preferred web browser, visit the Microsoft Account page and sign in to your account.
- Click “Your Info” on the header.
- On the Account Info section, select the “Edit account info” option on the right.
- Under the Account Alias section, select “Add phone number.”
- If prompted, verify your identity by entering a code sent through email, password, or security key.
- Select your country, enter your phone number, and select the Next button.
- Enter the code you received through SMS and select Next.
- Enter your password and click Next to verify your identity and confirm your decision.
That’s how you add your phone number to your Microsoft Account. You can use this number to sign in to your Microsoft services, including Teams.
If you ever change your mind, you can always remove the phone number from your account settings whenever you want. You can also update it to use another number if you need to.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to connect your phone number to your Microsoft account, you can go ahead and find your friends and family on your Teams personal account. You can also rest assured that you have another layer of security for all your Microsoft services.
That’s it! For more tutorials from us, visit our page regularly and browse our latest posts and updates.