How To Add Your Friends On Spotify
Last Updated: June 17, 2021
Do you want to check your friend’s listening activity on Spotify? Or do you want to follow them on the app to view their profile page much faster? Either way, we’re here to help you. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to follow someone on the Spotify web, desktop, and mobile app.
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services out there. The app offers millions of songs and podcasts which are open for everyone to explore and listen to.
Aside from these streaming services, people can also find their friends and other users on the platform. You can check someone’s profile to view their listening habits, favorite artists, and public playlists.
In addition to that, you can also follow other users to check their listening activity from time to time. In this way, you can discover new music that you might love.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to follow another user on Spotify.
How to follow someone on Spotify
If you want to see someone’s recent activity on Spotify, you can follow them on the app. In this way, you can check their listening habits, as long as they didn’t turn the feature off.
You can search and follow other users on Spotify whether you’re using the desktop, web, or mobile app. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Visit the Spotify web player or open their desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click Search on the left side of your screen.
- Use the search bar at the top to find your friends on the app. You can also ask for their username and add it to the “spotify:user:” command to open their profile directly.
- Once you find someone’s profile, hit the Follow button.
That’s how you follow another user or artist on the Spotify web and desktop app. Alternatively, you can connect your account to Facebook and add your friends with Spotify. You can follow
When you follow someone on Spotify, you’ll be able to see their recent activity on the app. Also, you can check their followers, “following,” and public playlists when you visit their profile.
On your mobile device:
- Open the Spotify mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the gear icon on the upper-right corner of your screen to access your Settings.
- Under your display name, click “View Profile.”
- Tap the three vertical dots on the upper-right corner of your screen and select “Find Friends.”
- Choose which friends you want to follow or select the “Follow All” button to add everyone on the list as friends.
Note: This feature above is only possible if you connected your account to Facebook.
Alternatively, you can use the Search tab to find other people on the platform. You can search for their display name and browse through the user profiles to find the right person or use the “spotify:user:username” command to access someone’s profile directly.
Always remember that you can only see your friend’s listening activity if they have the feature enabled on their Settings. Otherwise, you can only check their profile to view their favorite artists and public playlists.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to follow someone on Spotify, you can go ahead and add your friends on the app. In this way, you can check their listening activity, favorite artists, and public playlists whenever you want.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.