How To Add Tags To Twitch
Last Updated: December 21, 2021
Do you want more people to discover your channel on Twitch? Or do you want to let your viewers know what type of content you have on your current stream? In any case, you can add more tags to your channel. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
In Twitch, there is a lot of different type of channels. Some focus on games, discussions, or their daily life on their streams.
To make things easier for viewers, you can add tags to your channel to let first-time viewers know what to expect from your stream. Also, adding tags makes you more searchable within the platform, which can help you grow your community with more subscribers and viewers.
Here’s how to add tags to your stream on Twitch.
How to add tags to your channel on Twitch
If you want to help other users find your channel when they’re filtering streams or searching for specific keywords, you can add tags to your stream information. In this way, more people can find your channel when browsing the home page or using the search bar.
You can add a tag to your channel whether you’re using Twitch on your phone or desktop. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred browser on your desktop, visit the Twitch web client and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “Creator Dashboard” from the menu.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left corner and select “Stream Manager” from the menu.
- Under the Quick actions tab, click the Edit Stream button.
- Search and add tags you want to use and click the Done button on the bottom right.
That’s how you add tags to your channel on the Twitch web client. If you want to add or remove tags, you can always edit your Stream information whenever you want.
On the Twitch mobile app:
- Tap your profile icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap the Stream Manager option at the bottom of your Account page.
- Tap the pencil icon on the right side of the header to edit your stream.
- On the right side of the tags section, tap “Add tags.”
- Select the tags you want to add to your channel and select Done on the upper right corner to confirm your decision.
You can choose from various tags that are available on the app. You can choose to display the language you’re using or what type of content you’re creating for the viewers.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add tags to your channel on Twitch, you can help users find your stream on the app. You can also let your first-time viewers know what to expect when you go online.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our page frequently, and browse our latest posts and updates.