How To Add Songs To Queue On Spotify
Last Updated: May 27, 2022
Are you tasked with playing music on a road trip or at a party at home? Do you want to accommodate everyone’s song requests without fiddling with your phone every time a song ends? If so, you can queue their requests on the app. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you how to queue songs on the Spotify desktop and mobile app.
In Spotify, users can create playlists to compile and arrange songs that they like. But what if you want something similar that allows you to play music flexibly with your friends during a trip or gathering?
Thankfully, Spotify allows users to queue songs that they love allowing users to create a temporary playlist to set the mood they want for the moment. Users can also rearrange songs within the queue to prioritize the ones that they want to play immediately.
Here’s our guide about queueing songs on the Spotify app.
How to queue songs on Spotify
If you want to choose the next songs to play on Spotify, you can add them to a queue. In this way, you can enjoy music and arrange songs without disrupting the one that’s currently playing.
You can add songs to your queue whether you’re using the Spotify app on your desktop or mobile device. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch Spotify from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Play a song and search for the one that you want to add to the queue. You can browse your list of liked songs, and playlists, or use the search feature to find music that you want to add to your playing list.
- Once you find the song that you want to add to the queue, tap the three dots icon on the right.
- Select the “Add to queue” option on the menu.
That’s how you add songs to your queue on Spotify. You can tap the current playing tab at the bottom of your screen to view the songs on your queue. You can rearrange them to choose which songs to play first.
On your computer:
- Launch the Spotify desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Play a song and search for the one you want to add to the queue. You can browse your list of liked songs and playlists or use the search feature to find music that you want to add to your playing list.
- Once you find the song you want to add to the queue, tap the three dots icon on the right.
- Select the “Add to queue” option on the menu that appears.
Click the queue icon at the bottom right part of the app to view all the songs on your list. If you want to end or restart the queue, click the clear queue option on the top right of the list.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use the queue option on Spotify, you can handle song requests from your friends without disrupting the flow of your music on the app. With the help of this feature, you can create temporary playlists that are appropriate for the mood.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and browse our daily posts and updates.