How To Add Someone To Your Workspace On Slack
Last Updated: September 1, 2021
Do you want to invite more people to help you on your current project, work, or business? Do you want to add them to your Slack workspace for online collaboration? If that’s the case, all you have to do is follow our quick guide below. We’ll teach you how to invite more people to join your workspace on Slack.
If you’re planning on expanding the scope of your project or work, you’ll need more people to help you in completing your goals. As such, you can opt to invite more members or guests to your workspace in order to do so.
Thankfully, inviting people on Slack is nothing complicated. You can choose to send a direct invitation through email or use a sharable link from the desktop, web, or mobile app.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about inviting people to Slack.
How to invite someone to your Slack workspace
If you’re looking to add more people to help you on your project, work, or business, you can invite them over to your Slack workspace. In this way, they can communicate on channels and work with other members immediately.
You can invite new members to your workspace whether you’re using Slack on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it on both devices.
Note: We used a Slack Free account below.
On your computer:
- Launch Slack on your desktop or visit their web browser client and sign in to your workspace.
- Click your workspace name on the top left side of the screen and select the “Invite people to [workspace name]” option on the menu.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add and hit the Send button.
After sending the invitation, the people who receive it can create an account on your workspace. After doing so, they can go chat on public channels to start communicating with the other members.
If you don’t know the exact email address of the person you want to invite, you can opt to use the invitation link instead. By default, each link lasts for two weeks, and Slackbot sends a notification when someone uses it to join your workspace.
On your Android phone:
- Open the Slack mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the icon on the top-left side of the screen to view the list of your workspaces.
- Tap More options (three vertical dots) on the workspace where you want to add more members.
- Once the options appear at the bottom of your screen, tap “Invite members.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you want to add to your workspace and hit the Send button on the top-right corner.
Like we mentioned earlier, you can also share an invitation link to add more members to your workspace instead of inviting directly. Once you have everyone that you need, you can deactivate the link to prevent other people from using it to access your workspace.
As for Pro, Business+, and Enterprise plans, Workspace Admins and Owners can invite someone as a guest instead of a member. They can customize the invitation to add an individual to selected channels with an optional time limit.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to invite people to your Slack workspace, you go ahead and add new members or guests to help you out with your ongoing work, business, or project. Whether you use the direct invitation or sharable link, choose what’s more comfortable for you.
If an unauthorized individual joins your workspace through the sharable invitation link, you can kick them out as soon as possible. To do so, navigate to your “Manage members” page and deactivate the member’s accounts to prevent them from signing in to your workspace in the future.
That’s everything we have on us! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently, and check our daily posts and updates.