How To Add Someone To A Signal Group
Last Updated: December 9, 2021
Did you miss including one of your friends in a group chat on Signal? Or is it time to expand the chat and welcome new members? In any case, you can add more people to your group chat on Signal as long as you have permission. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
Signal is a secure messaging app that provides end-to-end encryption to all conversations, whether its a group or private one. There’s no need to worry about the safety and security of messages, files, and images you share with your contacts on the app.
Aside from messaging your friends one by one, you can also create secure group chats on the app. These group chats can hold a lot of users, so you can add more people when you want.
As long as you’re an admin of a chat or have permission from one, you can invite more members to join your group. With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about adding contacts to a group conversation on the Signal app.
How to add your contacts to a group in Signal
If you missed adding some of your contacts on your group chat on Signal, you can invite them directly to the conversation. In this way, you don’t need to share an invitation link to add your friends to the group.
You can add a contact directly to a group whether you’re using Signal on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
On your phone:
- Open the Signal app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your groups and tap its name or icon on the header.
- Scroll down to the participants section and tap the “Add member” option.
- Select the contacts you want to add to the group and tap the Done button on the bottom right.
That’s how you add contacts to a group on Signal. If the people you wish to invite aren’t on your address book, you can share a group link to let them access and join the conversation.
Once the person accepts your invitation, they can participate and send messages to the chat as soon as possible.
On your desktop:
- Open the Signal desktop app and connect your account.
- Go to one of your group chats and click its name or icon on the conversation header.
- Scroll to the participants section and click the “Add members” option.
- Choose the contacts you wish to add to the group and click the Update button on the bottom right of the window.
That’s how you add more people to a group on WhatsApp. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove unwanted users from the conversation.
Please note that admins may restrict or select the ones who can invite more people to a group. If you can’t find the option to add more members, ask one of the admins for help.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add more people to your group chat on Signal, you can invite your friends that you missed to include when you created the conversation. If you can’t find your friends on your address book, you can send them an invitation link they can use to join the chat.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials from us, please read our latest posts and updates.