How To Add Someone To A Call In Skype
Last Updated: January 17, 2021
Do you want more people to join your current call? Or are you tired of ending your existing call to start a new one? In any case, we’re here to help you. Here’s a quick guide about adding more people to a call on Skype.
Skype is a popular messaging platform that can help you to contact other people around the world online. It allows you to send messages, make calls, and host meetings, for free, as long as you have an internet connection.
When you’re inside a call, there are a lot of things that you can do. You can turn to share your screen, record the session, or even raise your hand. You can also mute yourself and turn-off your video.
Aside from these features, there’s also an option to invite more people to join your existing calls. With the help of this option on Skype, you don’t have to end your current session to start a group one.
If you’re having some trouble finding this option on your Skype calls, here’s a tutorial that can help you. Whether you’re on a computer or mobile device, we got you covered.
How to add people to a call on Skype
If you want to include more people in a call, there’s no need to end the session and start a new one. Skype has a feature where you can add people in a current call, including individuals besides your contacts.
The feature to add people to an existing call is available on the Skype web and desktop app. As for Android users, it all depends on the device and Android version.
On your computer:
- Open the Skype desktop or web browser app and sign-in to your account.
- From the Chats or Contacts tab, select the person you want to call and click the call button on the upper right side of your screen. Whether it is a video or audio call, it’s up to you.
- Once you’re inside the call, tap the “Add people” button on the upper right side of your screen.
- Search and select the people that you want to join you in your call. Click “Add” to send them an invitation.
Note: You can search and invite people on Skype that are not on your contacts list.
After adding other people to your call, they’ll have to accept the invitation before they can join. They’ll receive a notification on the Skype app on their phone or computer.
- Launch the Skype app from your home screen or app drawer and sign-in to your account.
- On the Chats tab, open the conversation with the person that you want to call. Alternatively, you can go to the Contacts tab and tap one of your contacts to open the chat window.
- At the top left side of your screen, tap the video or audio call button.
- Once you’re inside the call, tap the Add button, search and select the people to add to your call.
If you can’t see the option to add people to your call, make sure to update Skype to it’s latest version. It also depends on your device and current Android version.
However, you can always end the session and start a group call from the Calls tab. You can also ask one of the participants to invite other people to your group call.
When adding more people to your call, you can choose to invite individuals outside of your contacts list. You can also choose to call people through their mobile number, as long as you have Skype credit or an on-going subscription.
To sum it all up
Now that you know how to add more people to your on-going Skype calls, you don’t have to end your current session to contact more of your friends. They can immediately join on your call once they accept your invitation.
Just remember that each call can only hold up to 100 participants, including yourself. You can also view a limited number of video streams depending on your device.
After ending your call, Skype automatically creates a group chat for the participants. You and the other members can use this to chat or start a new group call.
That’s all from our guide about adding more people to a call on Skype. For the latest tips, tricks, and guides, you can visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates. You can also hit the bookmark button so that you can find us with a few clicks.