How To Add Project Members In Asana
Last Updated: January 19, 2022
Do you have new people in your Asana workspace? Do you want them to start working on an existing project right away? If so, you can add them to one of your projects within the current workspace. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you the steps you need to know whether you’re using the Asana mobile, desktop, or web app.
In Asana, you can create a project with your current workspace members to focus on a goal for your organization. Each project can have different tasks that can be assigned to specific people for them to complete.
As time passes, you may introduce or invite new members to your workspace to help you with your projects. As such, you can add them to existing ones that are currently in progress.
Here’s how to invite new members to your Asana project.
How to add new project members in Asana
If you have someone new on your Asana workspace, you can add them to one of your projects immediately. In this way, they can check the project’s progress and start with their tasks as soon as possible.
You can add new project members whether you’re using Asana on your phone or computer. Check our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Asana desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your projects and select the Share button on the top of your screen.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add and select the correct one on the search results.
- Hit the Send button on the bottom right corner of the window to send the invitation. You can add an optional message before sending the invite.
That’s how you invite more people to help you with your projects in Asana. Once they accept your invitation, you can assign tasks for them immediately.
If you ever change your mind, you can always remove a user from a project any time you want.
On the Asana mobile app:
- Head to the home tab and open one of your projects.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the project.
- On the menu that appears at the bottom of your screen, select the “Add member” option.
- Add the email address of the person you want to invite to the project and tap the Save option on the top right corner of the screen.
That’s how you add new members to one of your Asana projects. After adding a new member, you can assign them tasks that can help the team complete the project quickly. On the other hand, you can introduce them to their other team members to help them set up your workspace.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add people to your projects in Asana, you can assign new workspace members to specific projects so that they can start right away. Always remember that a user can be a member of multiple projects at the same time.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page, and browse our latest posts and updates.