How To Add Podcast Episodes To A Playlist In Spotify
Last Updated: July 6, 2021
Do you want to save Spotify podcast episodes you find interesting in one place for future use? Or do you want to compile your favorite ones to share them with your friends? Either way, we got you covered. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to add podcast episodes to one of your playlists on Spotify.
Aside from browsing and playing songs from Spotify’s extensive music library, you can also listen to various podcasts on the app. You can even search and discover more podcasts from different genres through the Search tab on your app.
When browsing the podcasts on the app, you can add the episodes you find interesting to your playlists on the app. As such, you can build a playlist to store them for easier access in the future. You can even download them for offline streaming whenever you want.
With that in mind, we’re here to help you add podcasts episodes to your playlists on the app. So if you’re new to Spotify and are having trouble with its features, all you have to do is read on, and we’ll cover everything you need to know.
How to add podcast episodes to your Spotify playlist
If you want to browse your favorite podcasts in Spotify ahead of time and save the episodes you think are interesting for future listening, you can add them to a playlist on the app. In this way, you don’t need to search for them again when the time comes.
You can add a podcast episode to a playlist whether you’re using Spotify on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Open the Spotify desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Head to “Your Library” or the Search tab and navigate to one of your favorite podcasts.
- Hover on an episode you want to save and click the three horizontal dots to open more options.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, click “Add to playlist” and choose one of your existing playlists. On the other hand, you can also create a new playlist by selecting the “New playlist” option.
That’s how you add podcast episodes to one of your playlists on the Spotify desktop and web app. By saving them to a playlist, finding the episodes and playing them is much easier in the future.
When you finally have time to listen to your podcasts, all you need to do is open the playlist and select which one you want to play.
Unfortunately, the recommendation feature on the playlists doesn’t work well on podcasts episodes. However, you can always check the ones you follow and view other suggestions from the app.
On your phone:
- Launch the Spotify mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to one of your favorite podcasts.
- Find the one you want to save and tap the three vertical dots on the podcast episode.
- On the options that appear on your screen, tap “Add to playlist.”
- Select one of your existing playlists where you want to save the episode or choose to create a new one.
After adding podcast episodes to your playlists, you can share them with your friends. In this way, you can recommend episodes that you think they might like.
You can also download the playlist on Spotify for offline streaming in the future. By doing so, you can play whenever you want, even if you don’t have access to the internet. It can also help you save mobile data usage on your device.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add podcasts to a playlist on Spotify, you can go ahead and save the ones you find interesting for future listening. In this way, you can access the episodes you saved earlier whenever you want without searching for them again.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.