How To Add New Cards On Trello
Last Updated: March 28, 2022
Do you want to add a new task or idea to one of your boards on Trello? Or do you want to set a reminder for your workmates on a board? In any case, you have the option to add a new card to one of your board lists whenever you want. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to add more cards on Trello.
A card on Trello is one of the smallest units within a board on the app. Each card can be a task, reminder, or idea that can help you progress on your project, workflow, or subject.
When you need to include a new task or idea on one of your boards, you can add a new card to one of its lists. You can even label the card and assign it to different members of the board.
Here’s our guide about adding new cards to your Trello board.
How to add new cards to your board on Trello
If you want to add a task, reminder, or idea to one a board on Trello, you can add a new card to one of its lists. After adding a new card, you can move it across different lists whenever you make progress.
You can add new cards whether you’re using the Trello app on your phone or computer’s web browser. We’ll cover both methods in our step-by-step tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Open Trello on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your workspaces and open the board that you want to manage.
- Tap the “Add card” option at the bottom of one of your lists.
- Name the card and tap the checkmark at the top right corner of the screen to confirm your decision.
That’s how you add new cards on the Trello mobile app for Android. If you want more options when creating a card, manage your board on the web app.
On your computer:
- Visit the Trello web client on your favorite browser and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your workspaces and select the board that you want to manage.
- Click the “Add a card” option at the bottom of one of the board lists.
- Name the card and click “Add card” to confirm your decision.
You can click on the three dots that appear on the list when adding a new card for more options. You can add labels, tag members, and choose the position for your new card.
If you ever change your mind, you can archive and delete the newly created card on your board.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add cards on Trello, you can include more ideas, tasks, reminders, and other information to your boards whenever you want. You can also move cards across different boards if you need to.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.