How To Add More People To Your Channel On Zoom
Last Updated: March 2, 2022
Did you forget to add your friends to your private channel on Zoom? Do you have them as contacts, or do you know their email address? In any case, you can invite people to join your group on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll guide you every step of the way.
On top of being one of the best video conferencing apps out there, Zoom also has a couple of features to allow its users to communicate without joining or hosting meetings. With the chat and channel option, people can start conversations and share information through messages with other users.
While you can add and invite everyone you need when creating a new channel, we understand that you might want to include more people in the future. Thankfully, you can add more Zoom users to a group whenever you want.
Here’s our guide about adding more people to a channel on Zoom.
How to invite more people to join your Zoom channel
If you want more people in your group or channel on Zoom, you can invite more members to join. Once someone accepts your invitation, they can immediately participate in the conversation.
You can add more members to Zoom, whether you’re on your desktop or mobile device. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll cover the things you need to know.
On your computer:
- Launch the Zoom app on your desktop and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chat tab and open one of your channels on the sidebar.
- Click the “More info” icon on the top right corner of the conversation.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, select the “Add members” option.
- Choose the person or group you want to add to the channel and click the Add option at the bottom of the window. If the person you want to invite isn’t one of your contacts, you can add the user’s email address.
That’s how you add more members to your channel on Zoom. Adding external users outside of your organization depends on the privacy settings of the channel.
If you ever change your mind, you can always manage the group members and remove the ones you don’t want from the conversation.
On the Zoom mobile app for Android:
- After opening the app, head to the “Meet & Chat” tab.
- Open the channel you want to manage and tap the “More info” icon at the top right corner of the conversation.
- On the About channel page, select the “Add members” option.
- Select the contacts or group that you want to invite as channel members and tap “Add” at the top right corner of the screen. You can also invite users by typing their email addresses on the search bar.
As an owner or admin of a channel, you have permission to change your privacy settings and allow external users within the channel. External users are people who are not a part of your current organization.
If you’re managing a private channel, you can only add more people through invitation. On the other hand, users can search for public channels and join them without invitations.
To wrap things up
That’s how you add more people to your group or channel on Zoom. If you’re the admin or owner of the conversation, you have permission to choose who can add more people to the chat.
If you want to read more tips and tutorials from us, visit our page frequently and read our daily posts and updates. We have articles that cover different apps and games.