How To Add Members To Your Team In Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: November 19, 2021
Do you have a new workmate on your Microsoft Teams organization? Do you want to include the person in one of the existing teams you have on the app? In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to add more members to your teams on Microsoft Teams.
In Microsoft Teams, you can form different teams for different purposes in your workplace. Each team can have different channels for discussions within the group.
As time passes, your organization may expand, allowing you to include more people in your project. When someone new joins your organization, you can add them to existing teams to keep them in the loop.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about adding more people to a team on Teams.
How to add someone to a team on Microsoft Teams
If you have a new teammate that works for your company or organization, you can add them to an existing team on Teams. In this way, they can stay in the loop without missing important messages, files, and ideas shared in the conversation in the future.
You can add more members to a team whether you’re using Microsoft Teams on your phone or desktop. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Teams desktop or web app and sign in to your organization.
- Click “Teams” on the left side of the app.
- Browse your teams and click the three dots icon on the one where you want to add more members. On the menu that appears on your screen, select “Add member.”
- Search for the person you want to include on your team. You can use email addresses to find people that are not a member of your organization. Click the Add button on the right side of the window to confirm your decision.
Alternatively, you can head to the team management tab and add more members from there. If you ever change your mind, you can remove users from your team whenever you want.
On the Teams app for Android:
- After signing in to your organization, tap the “Teams” icon at the bottom of the app.
- Browse all your teams and tap the three dots icon on the one you want to manage.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, tap “Manage members.”
- Select the plus icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Enter the person’s name or email, select the right user from the search results, and tap the check on the top right to add them as a new member.
That’s how you add more members to an existing team in your organization. Always remember that you can add people from outside your org by using their email addresses.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add more people to your teams on Microsoft Teams, you can include future members in existing groups to keep them updated with work-related stuff. Whether you add the person as a guest or full-time member, it’s all up to you.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tutorials, visit us frequently and check our latest posts and updates while you’re at it.