How To Add Members To A Board On Trello
Last Updated: March 28, 2022
Do you need more people to help you work for your board on Trello? Do you want to invite more users to help you with your tasks, ideas, and workflow? If so, you can add more Trello users to your board on the app. We’ll teach you everything you need to know in our guide below.
In Trello, boards work as a place where you can track information for your work, subject, or project. Each board can have multiple lists with different cards within them.
As you progress on your work or project, you might want more people to help you handle tasks within your board. As such, you can invite more users to manage your board on Trello.
With more people working on the same page, you can finish more things in a shorter time span. Here’s our guide about adding more members to your Trello board.
How to add board members on Trello
If you want someone to access and work within one of your boards on Trello, you can invite them to join your board. You can add users as observers or members, depending on the level of access you want to give them.
You can invite more board members whether you’re using Trello on your phone or computer. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Visit the Trello web app on your preferred web browser and sign in to your account.
- Go to the board where you want to add more members.
- Click the Invite option on the upper side of the board.
- Enter the user’s email address or name, select whether to add the user as a member or guest, and click the Send Invitation button.
That’s how you invite people to join your board on Trello. By default, regular members can comment, edit, and invite other users to the board, while observers can only view and comment on the cards.
On the Trello mobile app:
- Go to the board where you want to invite more members.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the board.
- Once the sidebar appears on your screen, select the “Invite to board” option.
- Enter the email address of the user that you want to invite and click “Add” on the top right corner of the page. Alternatively, you can use the share the invitation link to add more users to your board.
If you ever change your mind, you can always remove someone from the board as long as you have admin permissions.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add more members to your Trello boards, you can invite people you need to work on the cards for your project. Always remember, you can change the permissions available to regular members, admins, and guests on your board.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.