How To Add Guests In Notion
Last Updated: July 14, 2021
Do you want to invite other people to help you work on some of your pages in Notion? Are you thinking of adding them as guests instead of being members? If that’s a yes, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to invite people as guests to your pages in Notion. Whether you’re using the app on your desktop or mobile device, we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
In Notion, users can create multiple pages in a single workspace to cater to most of their needs. However, managing a lot of pages in the app can be exhausting and time-consuming, especially if you handle them all on your own.
Thankfully, the app allows you to add guests to help you manage your pages without giving them access to your whole workspace. In this way, you can prevent other people from accessing content without your authorization.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to add guests in Notion.
How to invite guests to one of your pages in Notion
If you want your friends, clients, or other people to help you work with one of your pages in Notion, you can add them as guests. Depending on the level of access you give them, each guest can edit, read, share, and comment on your pages.
You can invite guests to Notion whether you’re using the app on your computer or mobile device. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Notion desktop or visit their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- On the sidebar located on the left, open one of your pages.
- Click Share on the top-right side of your screen and select the blue Invite button.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite and select the right one from the search results.
- Choose the level of access you want to give to the guest and click the blue Invite button.
The guests will receive an invitation through email, which they can use to access your page. If they don’t have an account, they must sign up first to continue.
For those using a free account, you can only invite up to five guests. On the other hand, those with paid plans don’t have to worry about these limits.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the mobile app, tap the three horizontal lines on the top-left side of your screen and open one of your pages.
- On the top-right section, tap the Share icon.
- Tap the blue Invite button to add people as guests.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite and select the right account from the search results.
- Change the access level for the guest and tap Invite in the upper-right corner.
That’s how you invite people as guests to your pages in Notion. If you want to change the access level for each of your guests, click Share on the top-right of the page on the desktop app or tap the Share icon if you’re on mobile.
You can also remove the guests by navigating to the Share section of the page. On the other hand, you can visit the Settings & Members on the desktop or web app to remove the person from all your workspaces on Notion.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add guests in Notion, you can now invite your friends, clients, workmates, and other people to help you work on some of your pages in the app. In this way, you are only giving them access to a page, not the whole workspace.
That’s all we have on us! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently, and check our latest posts and updates.