How To Add Friends In Telegram
Last Updated: November 18, 2020
Do you want to add or invite your friends to Telegram? If the answer is yes, then you’re in the right place. As long as you know the person’s contact number, you can add them on the app with a few and easy steps. Follow our quick guide below to learn how!
Telegram is a popular multi-platform messaging app that can help you connect with your friends, family, and co-workers online. It offers a fast, simple, and secure messaging service without any cost.
Although its primary features are similar to other messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger, it also has its differences. For example, the app has secret chats and self-destructing messages that you can use for private chatting with one of your contacts.
If you want to add your friends on the platform, you can do so by saving their number on the contacts list. But in case you’re new to Telegram and are unfamiliar with its features and how it works, we have here a quick guide that can help you.
How to add a contact in Telegram
Since Telegram syncs with the address book on your devices, the app automatically adds your contacts to the platform, given that they have an account. But if they’re not on your contacts, you can add them on the Telegram as long as you have their number.
Follow these quick and easy steps to learn how to add a contact on Telegram for Android:
- Launch Telegram on your device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen to open the app’s Main Menu.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap the blue plus icon at the bottom right corner of your screen to add a new contact.
- Enter the name of your contact, select the country, and add the person’s phone number.
- Tap the check icon at the top right corner of your screen to finish adding a contact.
If the person doesn’t have an account, Telegram will prompt you an option to send an invitation to the platform.
After adding your friends on Telegram, you can immediately message and chat with them, given that they have an account. Their name automatically shows up on your contacts list on the app as well.
For those who use Telegram on their desktops and PC, you can click Menu > Contacts > ADD CONTACT. Fill up the contact’s details, including the first name, last name, and phone number. After rechecking and finalizing the contact information, click CREATE to add the person to your contacts.
How to invite your friends on Telegram
If your friends aren’t on Telegram, you can invite them to download the app. You can send the invitation through SMS or share it through different apps.
Here’s how you can invite people through the app on Android:
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen to access the Menu.
- Tap “Invite Friends” just above the Telegram FAQ option.
- If the people that you wish to invite are on your phone’s contacts, you can send them a message with the invitation link. Tap the names of the people on your contacts that you want to invite.
- After selecting people on your contacts list, tap “INVITE TO TELEGRAM” at the bottom of the page to open and write an invitation with your default messaging app. Tap Send to share the download link with your friends.
Note: Sending messages through SMS may cost you money.
- Alternatively, you can send an invitation by sharing the download link through different apps on your device. Tap “Share Telegram” on the Invite Friends page and select an app to share the link.
Once the contact you invited downloads Telegram and signs up for an account, they will automatically show up on your contacts list on the platform. From then on, you can proceed to message and chat with the person on the app immediately.
To sum it all up
Adding your friend on Telegram is pretty easy. The app syncs with your device’s phone address book, so anyone on your contacts with an account shows up on the platform’s contacts list automatically.
But in case you don’t have your friend’s contact information saved on your device, you can add them on the platform as long as you have their phone number. Aside from that, you also have the option to send an invitation link to your contacts without an account.
Now that you know how to add and invite your friends on Telegram, the only thing left to do is to send them a message and start chatting with them on the platform. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, please bookmark our page, and don’t forget to visit us regularly for our daily updates.