How To Add Friends In Pokémon Unite
Last Updated: October 3, 2021
Can’t seem to figure out how to add friends in Pokémon Unite? We got you covered! In this guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about adding friends in Nintendo’s latest MOBA.
Pokémon Unite is Nintendo’s latest attempt to enter the MOBA scene on the mobile platform. It’s now out and available on the Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS devices. The game is a strategic team battle game that features some of the fan favorite Pokémon like Charizard and Greninja. Each game lasts only 10 minutes and you fight to capture wild Pokémon around the map to gain enough balls that you can dunk through a hoop. The team with the most points wins the game.
Of course, the best aspect about this game, aside from the Pokémon and the fact that it’s free to play, is the multiplayer. Being able to play with friends is a huge reason why people are drawn to games like this. If you’re new to Pokémon Unite, it can be a little confusing to find the buttons that allow you to add your friends. Let’s go through the best and easiest way to add friends in the game.
On the Nintendo Switch
- From the game’s lobby, press the ZL Button on your Joycon to access the sidebar to view more options on the game.
- Next, head to the Friends section. It’s worth noting that from here, you can see your Trainer Card which contains your Trainer Name and Trainer ID. You’ll need the Trainer ID to search for someone in the game. Ask for your friend’s name and ID so that you can easily find them.
- In the Friends section, you’ll find the Friend Search tab on your right. Click on it and you’ll see the search bar to look for your friend. Press the X Button to access the search bar.
- Additionally, if you press the – (minus) Button, you can invite friends from your Nintendo Account.
- Now once you’re at the search bar, just type in the Trainer ID of your friend you want to add.
- Once you see their profile and if you’re sure it is them, just click on it with the A Button to add them as your friend.
- The friend request is now sent, all you have to do now is to wait for the confirmation.
- Once your friend accepts the request, you can now see each other on your Friends list in the game and you can invite each other to play matches.
On Mobile Devices
It works pretty much the same for Android and iOS devices, with only a few differences.
- From the game’s lobby, click your profile on the upper left portion of the screen.
- Next, click on Friends. You’ll also see your Trainer Card here which contains both your Trainer Name and the Trainer ID.
- On the search bar, type your friend’s ID and you’ll find an Add button on their profile thumbnail.
- The friend request will be sent, all you have to do now is to wait for your friend to accept the request.
- Once they accept it, you’ll receive a notification in the mail and you’ll be able to see each other on your friends list.
So there you have it! That’s everything you need to know about adding friends on Pokémon Unite. We hope this guide helps and be sure to check back with us again for more guides on your favorite games. Have fun!