How To Add Firestick To Google Home
Last Updated: January 13, 2020
If you are away from the knowledge of a firestick, then you may not also know of connecting it to the Google home. When you start reading the whole article, you will get all the information related to the firestick and connecting it with the Google Home.
What can the Firestick do?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a contemporarily crafted new device which has recently joined the ranks of home entertainment streaming technologies. The device makes it easy for you to watch your favorites on plugging into your TV’s HDMI port allowing you to access to your favorite TV shows, subscription services, movies, photos, music, and games.
How does Amazon Fire TV function?
To get your firestick function with the Amazon TV, you need an internet connection which can be modulated by means of Wi-Fi or take an Ethernet cable to connect the TV through the HDMI ports available. After the port gets activated, you can ahead towards the setup process and log in to your existing services. After activating, you can connect to the Amazon account.
Steps to link your TV to Goggle Home
The first befitting thing that happens when you link your TV or speaker, you can take the help of Google Assistant to control music and video.
To configure the services or in the linking process, you will need: –
- A TV with Chromecast built-in
- Chromecast Ultra
The second step to perform with while linking your TV is to check whether any existing Chromecast is already being set up or connected to the network. So to ensure that:-
- It is mandatory to check the connection of your mobile device with the same Wi-Fi with which the Google Home Device is connected.
- Move to the Google Home app.
- The device you want to link can be done from the home screen.
How to set up and configure a new TV
There are various ways to link your TV with the firestick. So, it is bizarre to get bothered if one way does not work for you. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your way straight: –
- First of anything plug a Wi-Fi, if you still have not installed one. Then, conveniently connect your mobile device with the Wi-Fi that of your Google Home device.
- Move on to the Google Home app page.
- The home app comes with three main sub-menus. First, tap on the Add button and then click setup device. To set up new devices in your home, jump over the set up new devices line.
- On clicking the Next button, you can add the device that you want to set-up.
- Tap the device you want to configure with.
- So, two things you have to match with. One is watching TV. A code will appear. The same code should be entered in your mobile device. Unless the code matches, you will not be able to link both the devices.
- On tapping Yes, I’m In; you would be able to move on to the next step. On tapping, No thanks, you can come out of the process.
- Where you are trying to set your new device tap on Next to get there.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect your device with.
- Go on for the Next thread.
- If you want to receive emails about your device, click Sign Up or you can go for No thanks.
- Next, of all, select the video services that you want to avail through.
- On clicking Continue, you can enter into space.
What if you want to unlink the linked device?
If you have thoughts to unlink, then it is all easy-poesy to get this job done in just some fraction of seconds.
- Same as in linking, check if you have secure internet connection as of your Google Home device.
- From the Google Home app, tap on the device that you need no more.
- From the Settings face, Remove device and then remove.
- You are all set to remove the linked device
If you are willing to link your device, you should be aware of the entertainment channels supplied by the Amazon Fire TV. Streaming Channels like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, AMC, CBS News, HGTV, Bravo and many other live streaming channels can release your boredom. Come back to us if this article about linking devices to your Google Home worked for you.