How To Add Custom Emojis To Your Discord Server
Last Updated: March 1, 2023
Do you want personalized emojis within your servers on Discord? Or do you want to use ones that have some relation to the server you manage? In any case, you can add custom emojis to your Discord server whenever you want. Check our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it.
In Discord, server members can use emojis to express themselves in channels and conversations. Emojis can make your messages fun and meaningful when used in the right way.
Everyone on Discord can use the available emojis in their chats on the app. However, we understand that you might want emojis that are new and unique to your server.
Thankfully, you have the option to upload custom emojis and animated ones on your server.
Here’s our guide about adding custom emojis on Discord.
How to upload custom emojis to your server on Discord
If you want to use unique emojis on Discord, you can upload custom emojis to your server. After adding more emojis to a server you manage, members can use them within the channels and conversations within the server.
You can upload custom emojis from the Discord desktop, web, or mobile app. Follow our tutorials, and we’ll show you how to do it from your phone and computer.
On your phone:
- Open the Discord mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the current channel to open the menu.
- Go to one of the servers you manage and tap More options (three dots icon).
- Select “Settings” on the menu that appears on your screen.
- Tap Emoji.
- Select the Upload Emoji button and choose an image from your device.
- Edit the photo and tap the check icon on the top right to add it as an emoji.
Discord recommends using a 128×128 size image with a file size of 256 KB to ensure the emoji’s quality. However, you can upload any photo you want, and the app will compress it automatically.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord mobile app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of the servers you manage and select the drop-down arrow on the top left side of the app.
- Once the menu appears, select “Server Settings.”
- Head to the Emoji tab and select the “Upload Emoji” button.
- Select a photo from your device.
- Choose a name for your new emoji.
You can upload up to 50 emojis to your server on Discord. If you upload any animated emoji, only users with Discord Nitro can use them.
Aside from that, members with the Nitro subscription can use emojis from your server on any other server on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to upload custom emojis on Discord, you can now add new ones to servers you manage on the app. In this way, your server members will have new emojis they can use in their messages.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.