How To Add Credit To Skype
Last Updated: January 14, 2021
Do you want to use Skype for mobile and landline calls? How about international ones? In any case, you have to purchase Skype credit on your account before you can access and use these features. If you don’t know how to do it, there’s no need to worry since we got you covered. Follow our guide below about purchasing credits on Skype.
Skype is a popular messaging service that allows its users to chat and call other users online. These features are free of charge, and you can use them as long as you have an internet connection.
But for those who don’t know, you can also use Skype to send SMS or make calls to a mobile or landline. You can also use it to call internationally. But before you can use these features, you must first have a Skype credit on your account.
To get these credits, you must purchase them with real money through different payment methods of your choosing. You can do it from your computer or mobile app.
Here’s how to do it from both.
How to purchase credit on Skype
Skype credit allows you to access the platform’s paid features such as making calls to mobiles and landlines and sending SMS text messages to your contacts. Aside from that, you can also use it to avail subscriptions and your local Skype number.
If you’re having some trouble purchasing credits for your account, don’t worry since we’re here to help you. Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to buy Skype credits from your phone or computer.
On your computer:
- Open the Skype desktop app or web browser client and sign-in to your account.
- At the top left corner of your screen, click your profile picture and select “Skype to Phone” under the Manage section.
Alternatively, you can click on your balance beside your Skype name on the upper left side of the app.
- Choose the amount of credit that you want to add and click the Buy Credit button.
You can also avail of subscriptions to save money on calls to a region or destination.
- If it’s your first time using this feature, fill up your billing address information such as your name, country, address, city, and zip code. After adding the necessary personal details, click Save.
- Choose the method of payment, enter your account details (if asked) and click Pay Now.
- Launch the Skype app from your app drawer and sign-in to your account.
- At the top left corner of your screen, tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Tap “My profile” or your profile picture.
- Under the Skype Credit section, tap the Add credit button.
- Choose the amount of credit that you want to add and tap Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your billing address, including your name, country, zip code, and other details. After filling up the empty fields, tap Save to continue.
- Select a payment method, add your account information (if required), and tap Pay now.
After adding credits to your Skype account, you can now use it to make calls to mobiles and landlines. If you’re going to rely on the platform for quite some time, we recommend that you one of Skype’s subscriptions that can help you save money.
If you don’t want interruptions in your calls due to your low balance, you can choose to toggle Auto-recharge from your Profile > Skype to Phone. When you enable this feature, Skype automatically adds credit to your account when your balance falls to a certain amount.
You can also use the credit to get your Skype number that you can use to answer calls on the app anywhere you go. It allows people to call you from their mobile or landline device and receive it on Skype from your computer or phone.
To wrap things up
With the help of credits, you get access to the paid features on Skype, including sending SMS and making calls to local and international mobile numbers. In addition, you can use it to get your Skype number to receive calls anywhere you go.
If you don’t want interruptions on your calls due to low credit, you can toggle Auto-recharge on your account. By doing so, you’re allowing Skype to automatically top-up when your balance falls to a certain level.
That’s all on our guide about purchasing credits on Skype. For more tips and tutorials from us, hit the bookmark button and visit us regularly for daily posts and updates.