How To Add Colors To Your Notion Pages
Last Updated: July 23, 2021
Do you find the default color of your texts in Notion boring? Or do you want to highlight some of your content for your readers to see? Either way, our guide below can help you. We’ll show you how to add colors to your pages in Notion, whether you’re using their mobile, desktop, or web app.
In Notion, users can customize their pages to make them look cool or represent their brand. Aside from using icons and page covers, you can also add colors to your content on the app.
For example, you can highlight a few texts or a whole block on one of your pages in Notion. With the help of this feature, you can customize, personalize, and bring your pages to life.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to use colors on your pages in Notion.
How to add text or background colors to your Notion pages
If you want to spice up your Notion pages, you can add colors to your blocks and the texts within them. You can set the text color or add a background to each of your blocks on the page.
You can add colors to Notion whether you’re using their services from your phone or computer. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Launch the Notion desktop app or visit their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- Using the sidebar on the left side of your screen, open one of your pages.
- Hover on the block you want to edit and click the six dots beside the plus icon to open the menu.
- Click “Color” and select the text or background color you want to use.
Instead of changing the text or background color of the whole block, you can select some of the texts on the block and change their color. In this way, you can further customize your pages and highlight the topics or contents.
Aside from adding colors through the steps above, you can also use commands to add colors to the whole block. For example, you can type “/blue” to change the background color of your content.
Please note that you can’t add color to your databases, unlike any other block. However, you can place them inside a Toggle List where you can add colors to its contents.
On your mobile device:
- Open the Notion mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top-left side of your screen and open one of your pages from the sidebar.
- Tap on one of your blocks and select a text you want to customize. You can select multiple or all of the text on the block.
- Tap the Color icon from the toolbar.
- Select the text or background color you want to use.
That’s how you add colors to your Notion pages. If you want to customize your page further, you can add icons to represent your content.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add text and background color to your Notion blocks, you can go ahead and customize your pages and content on the app. However, always remember that you can’t use this feature on databases, unlike the other blocks.
As a workaround, you can place your database inside a Toggle List in which you can use the Colors feature. With the right combination and placement of colors among your blocks, you can customize your pages while making the content easier to read.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently and check our latest posts or updates.