How To Add Collaborators In Airtable
Last Updated: February 16, 2022
Do you want more people to help you manage your projects and bases in Airtable? Do you need a new editor, creator, or even commenter? In any case, you can invite more people as collaborators in your workspace. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll cover the things you need to know.
Although you use Airtable to manage your project alone, you can also invite more people to help you work on bases within your workspace. In this way, you can finish your work much faster with your team.
You can give collaborators different permission levels to limit what they can do on bases within your workspaces. For example, you can give some people the role of an editor, while you can assign the creator role to others.
Here’s our guide about inviting collaborators on Airtable.
How to invite collaborators to your workspace in Airtable
If you need more people to help you with your Airtable workspace, you can invite them as collaborators. When inviting someone as a collaborator, you can assign them as a reader, commenter, editor, or creator.
You can invite collaborators to your Airtable workspace whether you’re using the app on your computer’s browser or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Visit the Airtable web client on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside one of your workspaces and select “Share workspace” from the menu.
- Add an email address, select the permission level, and click the “Send invite” button.
That’s how you invite people to become a collaborator in Asana. Collaborators can help you across your workspace depending on the permission level that you give them.
Alternatively, you can create an invitation link and share them to add people that open the link as collaborators. You can also add restrictions to accept only selected email addresses when using the invitation through the sharable link.
On your phone:
- Open the Airtable mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Edit icon beside the workspace where you want to invite more collaborators.
- Select the collaborators of the workspace.
- Tap “Add workspace collaborators” to start creating the invitation.
- Add the email address of the person you want to invite, select the permission level, and tap the Send icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Once the person accepts your invitation, they can immediately help you around your workspace, depending on the permission level you gave them. You can assign people with the editor, commenter, reader, or creator permissions in the invitation.
Alternatively, you can head to one of your bases and create a sharable link that people can use to join your workspace. Once someone opens the link, they get the permission access that you set when creating the link.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to invite collaborators on Airtable, you can add your teammates and help you manage and work your bases within the workspace. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove collaborators or change their permission level whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page regularly, and read our latest posts and updates.