How To Add Card Covers On Trello
Last Updated: April 24, 2022
Do you want to create a board on Trello that is visually appealing to board members? Do you want to decorate your cards with images or different colors to customize them? If so, you can add card covers to different cards across your Trello board. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Trello allows its users to customize their boards in multiple ways. Board members can use emojis, stickers, and other fun features to decorate their cards.
Aside from those, users can also display images as covers within the card. Card covers can help you organize card lists while allowing you to customize the design to your liking.
Here’s our guide about using card covers on Trello.
How to customize your cards with covers on Trello
If you want to add some visualization to your Trello board, you can customize your cards with photo covers. You can upload photos from your device to display them as a part of a card or list.
You can upload card covers whether you’re using the app on your phone or browser. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Trello and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your workspaces and go to the board that you want to manage.
- Select the card that you want to edit from the lists.
- Drag the page down and select the Cover option at the top of the card.
- Upload an attachment from your device or search for an image from Unsplash.
- Choose the size of the cover for your card.
Instead of using an image as a cover, you can opt to change the color of your card. By carefully selecting the cards that you want to decorate, you can create a board that is visually appealing for people that view it.
If you ever change your mind, tap the trash bin icon on the top right corner of the page while editing the cover.
On your computer:
- Open the Trello web app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your boards and click the card that you want to edit.
- Click the Cover option on the Add to card section located on the right side of the card. If the card has an existing cover, you’ll find the Cover option at the top right side of the card.
- Upload a custom image or select one from the Unsplash section.
- Scroll up and your preferred size for the cover photo.
Alternatively, you can choose from the default colors and use one as your cover. If you ever change your mind, click the “Remove cover” option below the available sizes.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to use card covers on Trello, you can customize your board while decorating your cards with visuals. In this way, your board won’t look as dull as before.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and browse our latest posts and updates.