How To Add An Icon To Your Group On Viber
Last Updated: December 25, 2022
Do you want to customize your group on Viber? Do you want to add a photo that represents the group chat? If that’s the case, you can change the icon of the group. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it from your phone or computer.
When creating a group on Viber, you have the option to add an icon for the chat. Since the app doesn’t require you to add an icon for your group, most people forget to add one for their newly created conversation.
Thankfully, you can still change the group icon after creating the chat. Viber allows all group members to change the icon for the group as they wish.
Here’s our guide about changing the group icon on Viber.
How to choose a group icon on Viber
If you want your group to stand out on your chats list on Viber, you can change the icon of the conversation. Anyone within the group can change the icon for the chat whenever they want.
You can change the group icon from the Viber desktop or mobile app. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps from both app versions.
On your phone:
- Open the Viber app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open the conversation that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right and select “Chat info” from the menu.
- Tap the Pencil icon on the top right to edit the group info.
- Tap the Camera icon and choose whether to upload a photo from your gallery or take one using your camera.
- Tap the check icon on the top right to save the changes to your group.
That’s how you add an icon to your group chat on Viber. Changing the icon sends a notification to the chat, alerting everyone within it.
On your computer:
- Open Viber and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Chats tab and open the group you want to manage.
- Select the current icon on the chat information tab and select an image from your device. If you can’t see the group information page, click the information icon on the sidebar.
- Move and resize the preview box to choose the part of the image that you want to use as an icon. Click “Done” to save the changes.
If you want to remove the icon for the chat, hover your mouse pointer over the preview box and select the trash bin icon. Make sure to click “Done” to confirm your decision.
Always remember that other group members can change the icon whenever they want. You can also upload a new photo to replace the current icon used on the chat.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add an icon to one of your groups on Viber, you can now choose a photo that best represents the chat. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove the current icon of the conversation.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.