How To Add An Emoji To Slack
Last Updated: October 12, 2021
Do you want to use new emojis on your Slack workspace? How about uploading a custom one you created or adding more emoji packs on the app. Either way, you can do both on the app. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to add more emojis on Slack.
In Slack, you can use emojis on your messages and status to add more fun to your workspace. You can also use them as reactions to other messages on the app.
Aside from making your channels and conversations more fun and engaging, you can also use emojis to create a simple poll on the app. If the current emojis available on the app aren’t enough for you to use, you can add more by uploading custom ones or adding new packs to your workspace.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to add more emojis to Slack.
How to add new emojis to your Slack workspace
Slack allows its users to add more emojis everyone can use in their workspace. You can opt to upload a custom emoji that you created or choose from the available custom packs.
You can only add new emojis on the Slack desktop or web app. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do both.
How to add a custom emoji
- On your desktop, open Slack (desktop or web app) and sign in to one of your workspaces.
- Head to one of your channels or conversations and click the smiley icon on the message field.
- At the bottom left part of the emoji menu, click “Add Emoji.”
- Upload an image and give it a name.
- Click the Save button to add the custom emoji to your workspace.
Any image works when uploading an emoji, but size of 128×128 with a transparent background works best. If the image is too big, the app will try to resize it on your behalf.
Please note that using the names from standard emojis deactivates your custom one. To reactivate a custom emoji, give it a new name.
How to add an emoji pack to your workspace
If you don’t have any custom emoji to upload, you can add more packs instead. In this way, you’ll get more emojis to use on your channels and conversations on Slack.
- Launch Slack (desktop or web app) and sign in to one of your workspaces.
- Go to one of your channels or conversations and click the smiley icon on the message field.
- Click “Add emoji” on the bottom left part of the menu.
- Head to the Emoji packs tab and select one of the groups of emojis that you like.
- Click Add pack on the bottom right part of the window to add the emojis to your workspace.
If you think that the available packs aren’t enough, all you have to do is wait. Slack will be adding more emoji packs as time passes by, so all you have to do is check the list from time to time.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add more emojis to Slack, you can use new emojis on your reactions or polls on the app. Whether you choose to upload a custom emoji or add new packs, it’s all up to you.
That’s all from us! For more tips and tutorials regarding Slack, visit our site regularly, and browse our recent posts and updates.