How To Add An Admin In WhatsApp
Last Updated: January 21, 2022
Do you need some help in managing your group members in WhatsApp? Do you want another admin that can help you invite and remove users from the conversation? If so, you can promote one of your group members to an admin on WhatsApp. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to manage your admins on WhatsApp.
Creating a group on WhatsApp makes you an admin of the chat automatically. You have the permission to manage the group settings and information, including removing and inviting new members.
As your group chat grows, you might encounter difficulties in filtering out content and group members. When that happens, you can assign a few more admins to the group to help you manage the group.
Here’s our guide about adding new admins to your group in WhatsApp.
How to add a new admin to your WhatsApp group
If you’re having trouble managing a group in WhatsApp, you can promote a member to an admin. In this way, the new admin can help you manage the members and remove unwanted users from the conversation.
You can add an admin to a group whether you’re using WhatsApp on your desktop or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do it on both.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open the group you want to manage and tap its name on the conversation header. Alternatively, you can tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the chat and select “Group info” on the menu.
- On the conversation info page, select Group Settings.
- Tap the “Edit group admins” option.
- Select the member you want to promote to an admin and tap the checkmark on the bottom right corner of the screen.
That’s how you add new admins to your group in WhatsApp. These new admins can invite or remove regular members from the group conversation.
When you create a group on WhatsApp, you automatically become an admin for the chat. No other admin can remove you from the conversation, and you’ll stay one unless you leave the group chat.
On the WhatsApp desktop app:
- Go to one of the group chats you want to manage and click its name on the conversation header. Alternatively, you can tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Group info” from the menu.
- Select Group Settings from the conversation info window.
- Click the “Edit group admins” option.
- Select the member that you want to promote to an admin and tap the check on the bottom right to save the changes.
As the group owner, you have permission to remove admin rights from any member of your group. Other admins can’t remove your status as the owner and admin of the chat.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add more admins to your group on WhatsApp, you can bring more people to help manage your members within the chat. In this way, you can focus more on other stuff without worrying about removing and inviting group members all the time.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tutorials, visit our page and check our latest posts and updates.