How To Add A Profile Bio On Telegram
Last Updated: June 14, 2022
Do you want to tell people more about yourself? Do you want to introduce yourself briefly on your Telegram profile? If that’s a yes, you can add some information to your profile bio. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
In Telegram, users can customize their profile to show their preferences, hobbies, and occupation. You can add a bio to your profile to display this information to other users that check it.
Although the app doesn’t require its users to add a bio to their profile, having one on your account can make people know more about you. In this way, users can have their first impression of you before sending you a message.
Here’s our guide about adding a bio to your Telegram profile.
How to add a bio to your profile on Telegram
If you want to customize your Telegram account even further, you can add a bio to your profile. You can add your hobbies or briefly introduce yourself on your profile so that people you meet on the app can know what you’re like.
You can edit your profile bio, whether you’re using the Telegram app on your desktop or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the Telegram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Tap “Bio” on your profile information page.
- Type the bio that you want to display and select the check icon on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
After updating your bio, other users can see the changes when they view your profile. You can display your occupation, hobbies, and other information that you want to share about yourself.
On your computer:
- Launch the Telegram desktop app and link your account.
- Click the hamburger icon on the upper left side of the chats list and select the Settings option from the sidebar.
- Click the “Edit profile” option on the Settings window.
- Enter the bio that you want to display and close the window to finish.
If you ever change your mind, you can always leave the bio blank on your profile. You can also update it whenever you want to make some changes.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add a bio on Telegram, you can add more details to your profile page. Your bio can contain up to 70 characters, so keep your descriptions short and concise.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.