How To Add A Phone Number On Discord
Last Updated: November 2, 2021
Do some of your Discord servers require you to verify your phone number before you can send messages to its channels? Or do you want to add another layer of security to your account? Either way, you’ll find our guide below helpful. We’ll show you how to connect a phone number to your Discord account.
In Discord, servers can have different verification levels. While most of them don’t have any restrictions, some require you to verify your email before you can send messages to channels and conversations on the server.
Aside from that, some servers also require you to add a phone number to your account. Unless you comply with the server’s rules, you can’t send messages or start a conversation with another member.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about verifying your phone number on Discord.
How to add a phone number to your Discord account
If one of your servers requires you to verify your phone number before you can send messages on channels and conversations, maybe it’s time to do so. Once you verify your phone number and Discord confirms its validity, you can access servers with high verification levels.
You can add a phone number to Discord whether you’re using the app on your desktop or mobile device. With that in mind, here are our tutorials for both devices.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear/cog icon on the bottom left part of the app to access your User Settings.
- On the My Account tab, click “Add” beside the phone number section.
- Select your country code, add your phone number, and hit the Send button.
- Wait for the text message on your phone and enter the verification code from Discord.
- Enter your current password and hit the Confirm button to save the changes to your account.
After confirming your decision, you now have a verified phone number on your Discord account. As such, you can now send messages on servers that have a high verification level.
Once you connect your phone number to Discord, there’s no way to remove it from your account. However, you can change your phone number whenever you want.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the Discord mobile app and signing in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the current channel to open the menu.
- Tap your profile avatar on the bottom left.
- Under the User Settings section, tap “My Account.”
- Tap Phone under the Account Information section.
- Select the country code, enter your phone number, and tap Next.
- Enter the verification code you received from a text message from Discord.
- Enter your password and tap the Save icon on the bottom right corner of the app to confirm your decision.
Please note that you can connect your phone number to one Discord account at a time. You can use it for login and verification on the app.
If you’re receiving an Invalid message when verifying your phone number, make sure to enter the country code and the number correctly. Also, you can’t use VOIP, Landline, and Burner numbers to confirm your verification.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add a phone number to Discord, it’s time to connect one to your account. Once you do, you won’t have any trouble sending messages or initiating conversations on servers with a high verification level.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and browse our posts and updates.