How To Add A Password On LastPass
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Do you want to use LastPass as your password manager? Do you have an account already? If that’s the case, it’s time to add your passwords to the app’s vault. Follow our guide, and we’ll show you how to do it from your phone and computer.
LastPass is a password manager that allows you to store multiple passwords on its secure vault. With the help of this app, you can sign in to different websites easily without remembering your passwords.
After creating your account on the app and installing the extension on your browser, you can add your passwords to the app’s vault. When you visit websites, LastPass can automatically fill up sign-in credentials from its encrypted vault.
Here’s our guide about adding sign in credentials on LastPass.
How to add a password on LastPass
If you want LastPass to sign you into a few websites automatically, you can add one of your passwords on the app. Once your sign-in credentials are in the app’s secure vault, it can auto-fill the login page when you open a website, as long as you have the app on your phone or the plugin on your browser.
You can manually add passwords on LastPass, whether using the app on your phone or desktop. In our tutorials, we’ll cover the steps for both devices.
On your computer:
- Visit the LastPass website and sign in to your account.
- Click the “Add items one by one” button or plus icon.
- Select the item type from the menu.
- Fill in the password detailsm such as the URL, username, and site password.
- Click Save on the bottom right to save the new password to the vault.
You can also add passwords by saving your sign-in credentials after signing in to a website. The app will send you a pop-up window as long as you have their browser extension installed.
If you want to add multiple passwords at once, you can use the import option instead of adding items one by one. You can import from websites or other password managers.
On your phone:
- Open the LastPass mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom right.
- Select “Password” as the item type.
- Fill up the item detailsm such as the name, username, site password, and URL.
- Tap Save on the upper right to apply the changes.
After saving a password to the LastPass vault, the app can auto-fill sign-in forms whenever you visit the website on your browser. Make sure to install the browser plugin and sign in to your LastPass account for it to work.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add passwords on LastPass, you can store your sign-in credentials on the app. In this way, you can easily sign in to websites online without bothering to remember your passwords.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.