How To Add A New Base On Airtable
Last Updated: February 21, 2022
Do you have another project in mind for your Airtable workspace? Or do you want another section for your new collection? In any case, you can add new bases to your workspace to create new spaces for new projects and collections for your team. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
In Airtable, workspace owners and creators can separate different projects and collections through bases. Each base can consist of multiple records and tables depending on what the team needs.
If your team wants to work on a new project, you can create a new base so that other collaborators can work on them separately. Here’s our guide about adding bases on Airtable.
How to add new bases on Airtable
If you want to work on a new collection or project within your workspace, you can add a new base. In this way, you can start working on a separate project without affecting your existing ones.
You can add new bases for your workspace whether you’re using the Airtable app on your phone or computer. In our quick tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps to do so on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Airtable app on your web browser and sign in to your account.
- Browse your workspaces and select the “Add a base” option on the workspace where you want to add a new base.
- Rename your new base, add a few tables, include some new sections, and you’re good to go.
That’s how you add new tables on the Airtable web app. If you ever change your mind, you can always delete bases whenever you want.
On your Android phone:
- Open the Airtable mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Browse your existing workspaces and select the “Add base” option under one of them.
- Tap the “Create a new empty base” at the top of the page.
- Name your new base and tap Ok to confirm your decision.
Alternatively, you can select a template when creating a new base so that you won’t start from scratch. After creating a new base, you can add records and tables to fill it up with information.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add more bases in Airtable, you can include more projects and collections within your workspace without affecting your existing ones. If you ever change your mind or no longer want to work on the project, you can always delete the base whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.