How To Add A Group To A Community On WhatsApp
Last Updated: November 27, 2022
Do you want to add more groups to your community on WhatsApp? Or did you forget to include one of them in the first place? In any case, you can add and link more groups in your WhatsApp community. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll cover the steps you need to know.
WhatsApp communities allow users to link different groups together in one place. This feature makes it easier for you to send out announcements to different group chats or schedule events for them.
When you create a new community on the app, you can add multiple group chats to connect them immediately. However, we understand that there are situations where you might want to include more groups in your community.
Thankfully, you can add existing groups to your community without a problem. As long as there’s still a space for a group and you’re an admin of the community, you can manage the groups and add new ones whenever you want.
Here’s our guide about adding a group to a community on WhatsApp.
How to include a group in your WhatsApp community
If you forgot to add a group to your community on WhatsApp, it’s not too late to do so. As long as you’re the creator or one of the admins within the community, you can manage its groups and add new ones to link them.
You can add new groups to a WhatsApp community whether you’re on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover all the steps to add more groups to your community.
On your phone:
- Open WhatsApp on your device and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Communities tab (click the icon beside the Chats tab) and open the community that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner of the community information page and select “Manage groups” from the menu.
- Select the “Add existing groups” option.
- Choose the group that you want to add to your community and tap the green arrow icon on the bottom right part to confirm your decision.
Each community can accommodate and link up to 50 groups, excluding the announcement group. You can only add groups that you currently manage, meaning that you’re currently one of the admins.
On your computer:
- Launch the WhatsApp desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click the Communities icon on the top of the sidebar.
- Open the community that you want to manage and select the “Manage groups” option.
- Select the “Add existing group” option.
- Choose the groups that you want to add to your community and click the green check icon to confirm your decision.
If you’re having trouble finding the group that you want to add to your community, you can type its name on the search bar. As long as you’re an admin of a group, you can add it to your community whenever you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to manage groups on WhatsApp communities, you can now link more group chats to your conversations. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove and unlink unwanted groups as an admin of the community.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.