How To Add A Firestick To Your Amazon Account
Last Updated: September 12, 2020
Before buying a firestick, you need to consider a lot of factors such as having a Wi-Fi connection, a compatible TV, and an Amazon account. Just come to think about what it can do for the sake of entertainment. Amazon firestick allows you to stream shows and apps using your fire TV. You can connect to YouTube or play games. You can share photos on your TV screen. You can even voice search using it. Well, this device is primarily intended for entertainment and this is generally available on Amazon.
Do I Need An Amazon Account?
Yes, you need an Amazon account to set up your firestick. But don’t worry because you don’t need to be an Amazon Prime customer, instead, a regular Amazon account will do. So that it will be convenient for you to set-up your firestick on your TV, it is advisable for you to have an Amazon account prior to setting up. But then, you can create an Amazon account during the set-up.
How to Register Firestick to Your Amazon Account
- Go to “Menu” by pressing the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Look for “Settings” at the top of your screen, then select.
- Choose “My Account,” if you are already registered.
Otherwise choose “Register,” if you haven’t set up your firestick yet, but you already have an Amazon account. (That is why in the first part of this article, I already suggested you to have an Amazon account.)
Choose “Create an Account” if you still don’t have an Amazon account.
- Let’s say you choose “Register.” Just enter your login details and click “Next.” (Your Amazon ID and Amazon password are required)
- Just wait while your Amazon account is registering your firestick. “Registering your Amazon Firestick” will appear on your screen.
- Once it is completed, your screen will display “Successfully registered.”
- After the completion of the registration, you still need to follow a quick setup process. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
And there you have it, your firestick is now registered on your Amazon account. You can start watching videos, play games, and even share your photos on your TV screen.
How to Use Firestick Without Registering Your Amazon Account
Installing Kodi or other similar programs might allow you to access different contents on the internet using your firestick. Kodi is a free media player as well as an amazing streaming app that can be useful if you don’t have your Amazon account registered on your firestick.
Some internet experts also suggest using a bogus account, but then you are still required to register on Amazon. It is just that you created an account using a bogus name. Well, if you want to do this, the steps are just the same above. Anyway, this method is not recommended. I just placed it here in case you don’t want to use your own account. Some people may find this useful, especially for security reasons.