How To Add A Custom Status On Discord
Last Updated: October 18, 2021
Do you want other Discord users to know why you’re busy, offline, or if you’re up for a chat? How about setting a custom status on your profile? With the help of this feature, you can display a short message below your name or profile on the app. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to customize your status on Discord.
In Discord, you can choose the activity status you want to display for other users to see. For example, you can use Do Not Disturb if you’re busy or Invisible if you want to appear offline.
Aside from these default statuses on the app, you can also set and customize one with a quick message. In this way, you can briefly show other users on the app what you’re up to or why you’re currently busy or offline.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about adding a custom status on Discord.
How to set a custom status on Discord
If you want your friends on Discord to know what you’re currently doing, you can set a custom status that can last for a day, a few hours, or indefinitely. You can place any message as your status as well.
You can set a custom status on Discord, whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps in doing so on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the bottom left part of the screen and select “Set a custom status” from the menu.
- Add a message and select how long your custom status lasts. You can choose to use it for 30 minutes, an hour, four hours, an entire day, or indefinitely.
- Choose a status (Online, Idle, Do Not Disturb, or Invisible) and click Save to confirm your decision.
After setting your custom status, the message you used shows up below your name on the server members list or your profile. If you ever change your mind, you can always update your status any time you want.
Always remember that you can include an emoji on your Discord status. In this way, you can share your message without making it too plain for other users.
On the Discord app for Android:
- Tap the hamburger icon on your screen to open the menu and select your profile icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Under User Settings, select “Set Status.”
- Once the menu appears on your screen, tap “Set a custom status” at the bottom of the options.
- Set your custom status and choose its duration.
- Tap the Save icon on the bottom right to apply the changes to your profile.
By default, custom statuses last for a day. However, as you can see above, you can choose how long it lasts on your profile.
If you’re on a Discord Nitro or Nitro Classic subscription plan, you can use more emojis for your custom status. As such, you can customize your quick message with emojis from your servers on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to set a custom status on Discord, you can add a short message below your name while choosing the activity status you want to use. As such, you can explain why you’re busy or offline to your friends and other server members on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials from us, check our site from time to time, and browse our daily posts and updates.