How To Add A Category On Your Twitch Channel
Last Updated: December 22, 2021
Do you want to let people know what type of content you’re creating on Twitch? If so, you can add a game category to your channel. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to add categories to your Twitch account whether you’re using the mobile or web app.
In Twitch, streams can be divided into multiple categories. These categories can help viewers find the content they want to watch on the app.
Having the right category on your channel can also attract more subscribers and viewers that follow similar content. It also makes you appear on the home page and search results more frequently.
Here’s our guide about adding categories to your channel on Twitch.
How to add a game category on Twitch
If you want to give our viewers a heads-up about what type of games you’re going to play during your streams, you can add a category to your channel. In this way, new visitors to your channel can know whether it’s the right content for them.
You can add a game category to your channel whether you’re using Twitch on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On the Twitch web app:
- Click your avatar on the top right corner and select “Creator Dashboard” from the menu.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left corner of your screen and select “Stream Manager.”
- Under the Quick Actions tab, select the “Edit Stream Info” button.
- Search and add the categories you want to use and click Done on the bottom right to save the changes to your channel.
That’s how you add categories to your channel on Twitch. Choosing certain ones adds specific tags to your stream automatically.
On the other hand, you can manually add tags to your Twitch channel. Using both the category and tag features can help you gain more followers and subscribers on your stream.
On the Twitch mobile app:
- Tap your profile icon on the top left side of your screen.
- Among the options that appear on your screen, select “Stream Manager.”
- Click the gear icon on the upper right corner to edit your channel.
- Search and add a category to your channel. After adding all the categories, click the “Update Information” button to save the changes to your channel.
That’s how you add categories to your channel from the Twitch mobile app. If you wish to play another type of game, you can change your categories whenever you want.
Having the right categories and tags can help more people discover your channel. You might appear on the home page or search results of some users that prefer the categories you used on your stream.
To wrap it all up
That’s how you add categories to your Twitch channel. Always remember that adding some categories also adds a few tags to your stream.
For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our page regularly and browse our latest posts and updates.