Gmail How To Use Canned Responses
Last Updated: January 27, 2020
Have you thought how synchronized you can make your Gmail while responding to canned texts? To the major population who are still not aware of what canned responses are, you will get to know. This guide will help you to gather all information related to canned responses, how you can use them, and other functional behaviors of it. This is an umbrella that shelters the genuineness of canned responses.
When you find yourself using the same response for emails over and again, it is a good step to set up a canned response for quicker replies. Once you get this streamlined, you will no longer feel to reply to the same question for the thousandth time.
General steps to set up canned responses in Gmail
While you have decided to set up canned responses in Gmail, you should know there is a certain step that needs to be administered. Here are the steps to consider while you make the appropriate settings to Gmail:-
- If you don’t have a Gmail account, then create using any web browser or the app. Then, you can log in to Gmail if it is necessary.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click the gear icon. From there, hit the settings option. And then, you can select labs.
- From the labs, tap the canned responses. Enable it.
- Clicks compose to confirm the desired settings.
Steps to set up canned responses for desktop
There are several methods where you can achieve the status of the canned response for desktop and mobile versions. Here is the desktops version step.
- You should understand that the canned responses are only available for mails that qualify for it. You should be able to differentiate that smart reply is not available for all emails, but only for mails that determine sufficient responses.
- For getting the canned responses, you need to open Gmail on your web browser. Go to https://www.gmail.com/ in your computer’s web browser. If you are logged in, you will be directly redirected to the page. If otherwise, enter your email address and password when prompted.
- You are going to get a drop-down menu when you hit the gear-shaped icon. You will find it in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Update your Gmail to the latest version to obtain the Go back to classic Gmail comes in view.
- From there, click the Settings option. You will turn up to the Settings page.
- Just move to the Advanced option. The advanced option would come with a sub-menu. From there, you can enable canned responses.
- Move down to keep the changes. Tap on Save Changes located at the bottom of the page. Subsequently, canned responses will support emails now.
- Now head towards to open an email. You can test the service by replying using a canned response. And then click the email to get through it.
- The last step that you need to perform is about the smart reply option. If you have performed the above steps diligently, then you are going to get a list of replies in the last part of the e-mail. If you are allowed to use canned responses for the email, you can use it. Otherwise, in the ulterior response, you cannot use it.
- When you enable canned responses, there won’t be any automatic replies. You can add text and then forward it.
- On doing this, your canned response will reach the recipient.
Canned Response Set-up for Mobile
- Check if your email is available for a canned response.
- Do the steps as assigned in the desktop version. Open your Gmail account. Log in, and then you will be directed to your inbox.
- Go to an email for which you want to use SMART REPLY. Tap the email. If smart replies are available for the mail, you will be shown blue boxes with some quirky texts.
- From there, you can select a smart reply option. If you want, you can add extra lines or statements according to your requirements.
- And then, you can click on the SEND option to forward the mail with a canned response.
In this contemporary and competitive world, time is a constraint for so many. To cut short this issue and avoid the multiplicity of texts, programmers have developed this modern method to reach out to the recipient. Canned responses help in achieving this status very well. The blue boxes available at the bottom of some emails help you to save your time to write long texts. Take a chance with canned responses, and you will never regret it.